Re: [exim] smtp_accept_queue_per_connection

Author: Arthur Hagen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] smtp_accept_queue_per_connection
On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 09:52 +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, Dan_Mitton@??? wrote:
>
> > in particular: "...subsequent messages are placed on the queue, but no
> > delivery processes are started." When does a delivery process get started
> > for these messages? How can I shorten the time between being queued and
> > being delivered?
>
> 1. When the next queue runner finds them.
> 2. Start queue runners more frequently.

This reminds me of one machine I inherited where an hourly status report
always came in 15 minutes late. Checking, I found that the status
report was run at the top of the hour, and a /usr/lib/sendmail -qf cron
job was run at 0,15,30,45 past the hour. Changing the queue flush cron
to 1,16,31,46 fixed that problem. :-)

Regards,
--
*Art