Re: [exim] Stop scanning local mail

Author: Marco Wessel
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Stop scanning local mail

On Mar 5, 2007, at 11:39 PM, Arthur Hagen wrote:

> One host I have fetch a couple of outside mailboxes with fetchmail,
> and
> feeds the emails to exim for local delivery. The problem is that
> those
> would then be accepted, since the connecting host is localhost.
> Anyone got a good idea for a scenario like that, where you do want to
> scan anything coming from the outside or through fetchmail, but not
> anything sent from machines on the local network?

Well, the localhost and the local network are different things. So
you could set your ACLs to scan anything delivered via SMTP on the
local host (which is what fetchmail by default does) but not anything
delivered via a pipe locally (which is what other apps tend to do),
and to not scan anything originating from your local network.