Re: [exim] Stop scanning local mail

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Stop scanning local mail
* on the Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 05:39:49PM -0500, Arthur Hagen wrote:

> One host I have fetch a couple of outside mailboxes with fetchmail, and
> feeds the emails to exim for local delivery. The problem is that those
> would then be accepted, since the connecting host is localhost.
> Anyone got a good idea for a scenario like that, where you do want to
> scan anything coming from the outside or through fetchmail, but not
> anything sent from machines on the local network?

At the risk of getting flamed for having the audacity to even consider
mentioning the evil, destructive, and always useless rfc1413... Install
an ident server, firewall it out from non local connections, set exim to
do rfc1413 lookups on local connections and then filter on $sender_ident
being the user fetchmail is run as.

Job done,

Mike