Re: [exim] Unrouteable mail domain

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Unrouteable mail domain
lawrence.dcosta@??? wrote:
> Hi Bill
>
> The error which was missed earlier is
> unrouteable mail domain "zestsystems.com"
>
> Mail sent from domain hitechaudiosystems.com bounced back with the above
> error. Server of hitechaudiosystems.com is able to resolve
> mail.zestsystems.com correctly. This has not been consistent error although.
> The links have been stable and on static IP
>
> Regards,
> Lawrence

All well and good, but neither:

'zestsystems.com' (resolved to IP 203.122.59.27)

nor 'mail.zestsystems.com' (resolved to 203.122.59.43, their published MX)

...respond from either Hong Kong or Zurich.

Which should not be all that surprising, since the IP's are assigned portable
for a broadband provider in New Delhi, India.

Maybe the person at the far-end closed the lid on his laptop, went to bed for
the night, and was given a new DHCP lease with a new IP the next morning.

Or has not gotten out of bed yet. Or has gone off on a bonking expedition.

Exim cannot fix any of that.

You'll need an alarm clock, coffee, and, since you are also on broadband in New
Delhi, a cluebat long enough to reach at least across your own desk.

Bill