Re: [exim] Specifying error codes for deny or defer

Author: Michael L Griffin
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Specifying error codes for deny or defer
Greetings

I had a very similar question a few weeks backs and other than a lot
reasons why it is a bad idea, I never really got an answer I was able
to get working. (being a noob - I am struggling)

To repeat my then question, like Luca I would like to be able send
custom bounce message but through " :fail: <err_code> <message>" which
is added to the aliases file (or in my case; MySQL database) and via
ACL's / routers.

In my 3.6 installtion that I am wanting to upgrade, this is
possible, except for the err_code which is new to 4.6, and it used
with great effect.

EG : mail sent to joe.soap@??? has an alias of ":fail:
joe.soap@??? is no longer valid, please contact
sales@???" (I want to add the err_code once upgraded to 4.6x)
which then gets a 550 bounce with the applicable message.

I have bean searching trying to find where ":fail:" is handled in my
4.6x config with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated also any tips & tricks to
improve the config.

PS : I am using teh ECM2 config as a baseline that I am then modifying :
        http://maxo.captainnet.net/ecm2/index.html

 _______________________________________
( R e g a r d s                         )
(                                       )
( M i c h a e l  L  G r i f f i n       )
( michael@???                )
( http://www.griffin.org.za             )
( Fax : +27 86 670 8945                 )
( Cel : +27 83 462 0462                 )
(                                       )
( Next step in OS evolution is found on )
( the command line...                   )
(                       .: L I N U X :. )
        .--.
       |o_o |
       |:_/ |
      //   \ \