Re: [exim] dns timeout

Author: Matthias Waffenschmidt
To: Robert Fleming
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] dns timeout
Hello,

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 06:13:41PM -0500, Robert Fleming wrote:
> my mail server was not able to connect for several days
> and now all mail gets bounced back.
> in the return message i get

> receiplients. This is a permanent error. the following address(es)
> failed:
>
> wally@???
> host lookup for mail.implicit.com did not complete (DNS timeout?):
> retry timeout exceeded
>

> all smtp mail is handled by my smarthost router
> how can i reset so exim will start trying to route mail again?

Just delete the retry database:

rm <path to spool directory>/db/retry*

where <path to spool directory> can be obtained through

exim -bP | grep 'spool_directory ='

--
Gruss / Best regards   |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-411
Matthias Waffenschmidt |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33