Re: [exim] File extension filtering with smtp_mime_acl with …

Author: James Price
To: 'James Price', exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] File extension filtering with smtp_mime_acl with Mysql
Did anyone have any idea on this?

-----Original Message-----
From: exim-users-bounces@??? [mailto:exim-users-bounces@exim.org] On
Behalf Of James Price
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 10:18 PM
To: exim-users@???

I could use some help here. I do not with to use the depreciated demime
function and have not compiled it into my binary. I am trying to block
known file types that I have listed in a table within my mysql database.

Table name: blockedattachments
Field: extension

select extension from blockedattachments where extension='extension';

The file extensions all have the period leading the suffix... ex: .bat

Not sure how to 1, generate the list and 2 do the actual check within the
mime acl. I looked at the specifications and could not find anything even
close to what I'm trying to do. I have a custom front end to my database
for my customers to manage their individual settings and would like to add
file extension blocking to their available functions...

Thanks,
James

James R. Price
Digital Chicago Networks, Inc.