Re: [exim] Address Verification Question

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [exim] Problems with Comcast Servers
Subject: Re: [exim] Address Verification Question
* on the Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 08:11:18AM -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:

> When Exim verifies an address on the recp to: does it put the address in
> <> or do I have to somehow force that. I'm noticing that comcast
> requires <>.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Are you asking if it uses angle brackets to surround the rcpt address
during callouts verification?

If so, then yes it does. It uses the exact format:

RCPT TO:<address@???>

If exim wasn't using angle brackets there, it would not be following
RFC2821. The angle brackets are a requirement.

Mike