Re: [pcre-dev] Reply to much discussion

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Bob Rossi
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: pcre-dev
Αντικείμενο: Re: [pcre-dev] Reply to much discussion
On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 02:42:23PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Bob Rossi wrote:
>
> > Perfect! I'll test patch 7 as well.
>
> I've done a number of tests of both patch 6 and patch 7:
>
> Patch 6:
>
> Couldn't find anything to comment on. The failures of pcregrep with a
> non-NL newline are OK in the sense that they are not a problem of the
> build process. They are a failure of the testing mechanism. Moving
> forward to using ./pcretest -C to control these tests should help. Don't
> worry about these. I will fix them up when I work on this stuff.

OK. This is sort of my point. If there are no more objections to patch
6 from anyone, than we have accomplished something. Why don't we apply
that patch to pcre-7.0 and let Daniel continue on from there. He is
already doing that, so it won't be any extra effort on his part.

Also, I've only tested heavily on linux. So, we should start testing on
other platforms as well. Although, I'd rather wait until the build is
mostly finished to do that, as it could take a lot of time.

What does everyone think?

Bob Rossi