Re: [exim] How to permanently reject backscatter?

Author: Timo Neuvonen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to permanently reject backscatter?
> It looks like the recipient domain MX is local, but Exim doesn't
> know how to deliver it, perhaps?
>
> Anyway, because you obscured the RCPT address, we can't tell.

I'm sorry, I didn't express myself clear enough.

The domain is local. The local part of the address in the
example does not exist (is syntactically valid, but not in use)

> > Now, I have in 'acl_check_rcpt:' the following:
> > 1)
> > require verify        = sender

> > 2)
> > accept  domains       = +local_domains
> >           endpass
> >           message       = unknown user
> >           verify        = recipient

> > Both above are from (some old) original exim.conf file, and
> > the comments say "otherwise deny". What this "deny" means,
> > is the temporary reject caused by these conf items? If so,
> > how can I change it from temporary to permanent reject?

So, I'd like to reject messages with non-existent local part
*permanently*, independently whether they have a sender
address or just a blank F=<>.

Regards,
Timo