[pcre-dev] Development Infrastructure

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Nigel Metheringham
To: pcre-dev
Oggetto: [pcre-dev] Development Infrastructure
Working from Philip's document:-
http://people.pwf.cam.ac.uk/ph10/pcrefuture

Source Maintenance
------------------

If left to me I would tend to push PCRE into a subversion repository - I
find that more convenient than CVS, can be easily hosted and is pretty
easy to make available for anonymous access with low risk to the hosting
system. However I have no axe to grind particularly with this. [Actually
I use SVK layered on top of subversion, but thats irrelevant to the
repository and to other people, but allows disconnected development].

If we went with subversion then I would be prepared to do the work to
import the history into the system.

Development Infrastructure
problem and I would be prepared to do that initial work.

If we did not have the existing exim baggage I would tend to put PCRE
under a trac instance (see http://trac.edgewall.org/ ) which gives a
wiki, ticketing system and nice integration with source control. Given
that we already have Bugzilla for exim, I am not sure of the best
approach, although for a relatively small project I think trac might be
easier....

However sourceforge and google can provide a very nicely packaged and
polished form of the same thing. In either of those cases I am willing
to provide some degree of project support, although doubt I will be
doing a ton of code :-)

     Nigel.