Re: [exim] Concurrent use of mbox and maildir formats

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Concurrent use of mbox and maildir formats
* on the Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 12:31:30PM -0000, Mike Jones wrote:

> I'm in the process of switching over from ipop3d to courier-imap, and as
> part of that, switching my users from mbox to maildir.

[snip background details]

> One obvious solution would be to run a pop3 server than can read mbox files,
> concurrently with courier-imaps pop3 server and have them listening on
> different ports - then setting the mail clients to the appropriate port for
> POP3.
>
> Has anyone else had to do this this kind of migration ? Anyone have any
> suggestions ? I've tried to install ipop3d, but it won't install with
> courier-imap (conflicting files).

Take a look at http://www.vergenet.net/linux/perdition/
It will get around the problem of having to run the two different
servers on different ports.

P.S. This email seems a little offtopic for the exim users mailing list.
Exim has nothing to do with pop3/imap configuration.

Mike