Re: [exim] [n@@b question] delete email if 550 error

Author: Drav Sloan
To: mailing
CC: Exim users mailing list
Subject: Re: [exim] [n@@b question] delete email if 550 error
mailing@??? wrote:
> > I just thought about an alternative: making a cron of a php script that
> > will delete the spam rejected files in the spool! I don't know why I
> > didn't think about it earlier!
>
> I just wrote the script! Removed 1251 spams from the > 5000 queue.

However this means that "spam mail" will STILL enter your systems
taking up resource. It will continue to attract spammers because
as far as they are concerned you have "accepted" the spam. I still
believe the recommendation of making your host spam filter system
is the most sensible option.

But if you choose to ignore experience, that is your decision.

Regards

Drav.