Re: [exim] Problem with lookup

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problem with lookup
On Wednesday 14 February 2007 10:31, Luca Bertoncello wrote:
> I wrote this check in my acl_check_rcpt_smtp:
>
>   deny    message       = sender blocked (See:
> http://www.$domain/postmaster_info.php) senders
> = /etc/exim/block.addresses recipients    = !/etc/exim/alwaysreceive

> unfortunately, this rule does not work if I just write a part of the
> address in my /etc/exim/block.addresses, so I tryed to use a lookup, but it
> does not work...

With the right type of lookup it will. Read about (n)wildlsearch in
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.66/doc/html/spec_html/ch09.html and about how
you can use regular expressions in lists without lookups in
http://www.no.exim.org/exim-html-4.66/doc/html/spec_html/ch10.html.

> To find the problem, I tryed to log the sender and the answer of the lookup
> with this rule:
>
>   warn    log_message   = Sender: $sender_address ${lookup
> {$sender_address} lsearch{/etc/exim/block.addr}{yes}{no}}

> In my /etc/exim/block.addr I wrote:
>
> EBayforDummies
> Hypnosis
> LUCE
>
> I tryed to send an E-Mail from Hypnosis@???, expecting to see in the
> Log something like: "Hypnosis@??? yes", but I get:
>
> 2007-02-14 10:23:40 H=(smtp) [x.y.z.k] Warning: Sender: Hypnosis@???
> no

That's because with an ordinary lsearch, the key has to match exactly,
and "Hypnosis@???" != "Hypnosis". You don't magically get substring
matching.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???