[exim] Problem with lookup

Author: Luca Bertoncello
To: Exim-Users ML
Subject: [exim] Problem with lookup
Hi!

I'm trying to reduce the Spam, blocking some addresses I know they just send
spam...

I wrote this check in my acl_check_rcpt_smtp:

  deny    message       = sender blocked (See:
http://www.$domain/postmaster_info.php) senders
= /etc/exim/block.addresses recipients    = !/etc/exim/alwaysreceive

unfortunately, this rule does not work if I just write a part of the address
in my /etc/exim/block.addresses, so I tryed to use a lookup, but it does not
work...

To find the problem, I tryed to log the sender and the answer of the lookup
with this rule:

  warn    log_message   = Sender: $sender_address ${lookup {$sender_address}
lsearch{/etc/exim/block.addr}{yes}{no}}

In my /etc/exim/block.addr I wrote:

EBayforDummies
Hypnosis
LUCE

I tryed to send an E-Mail from Hypnosis@???, expecting to see in the Log
something like: "Hypnosis@??? yes", but I get:

2007-02-14 10:23:40 H=(smtp) [x.y.z.k] Warning: Sender: Hypnosis@??? no

Could you help me finding why this rule does not work?

Thanks a lot!
--
Luca Bertoncello

IMS Internet-Media-Service GmbH
Bayrische Str. 18
01069 Dresden

Geschäftsführer: Axel C.E. Wittig
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Dresden HRB 12 899

Fon: +49 351 2112034
Fax: +49 351 2112020
E-Mail: bertoncello@???