Re: [exim] TLS errors on SMTP (non-AUTH) connections

Author: Philip Hazel
To: exim users
CC: Vincent Danen
Subject: Re: [exim] TLS errors on SMTP (non-AUTH) connections
On Fri, 2 Feb 2007, I wrote:

> You can use hosts_avoid_esmtp in the smtp transport to avoid the
> use of *all* SMTP extensions, but that includes support for SIZE, AUTH,
> and TLS as well as PIPELINING.
>
> Perhaps there should be an option specifically to turn off pipelining,
> as it seems to be causing problems.

I have committed a patch that implements hosts_avoid_pipelining as an
option in the smtp transport. This allows you to turn off pipelining
while still supporting other SMTP extensions. Tonight's snapshot will
have the new code in it.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.