Re: [exim] Tls on connect as and SMTP Client

Author: Bill Milford
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Tls on connect as and SMTP Client

[Bill Milford]
I have gotten it to work using stunnel as a daemon in client mode. I added an extra ip address to my
loopback interface and pointed my router there. I also added a local_interfaces directive in my exim
configure file to keep exim from listening on port 25 on the 127.0.0.2.

I am shocked that yahoo will not support STARTTLS. They appear to be using qmail so it should be very
easy. I know that the reason they use 465 is because of Microsoft's broken clients. Anyone know if
Outlook in Office 2007 still has this problem?

I was going to post the email I received, but Richard found the link on the support pages. Port 25 will
work until March 1st. After that it is TLS-on-connect on 465 or bust!

Thank you for all of your help.