Re: [exim] Tls on connect as and SMTP Client

Author: Dave Lugo
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Tls on connect as and SMTP Client
On Sat, 3 Feb 2007, Richard Clayton wrote:

>         http://help.sbcglobal.net/article.php?item=287

> >It seems one must already be a customer to get past the adverts to technical
> >data (if any!).
>
> say that you are using sbcglobal and DSL

Ugh, dunno why they're not offering something like require TLS on
587.

As a workaround, you can _probably_ use stunnel as a shim between
your local exim instance, and your provider.

Set stunnel to listen on something like 127.0.0.2:25, and point
exim to that as a smarthost w/ auth. Tell stunnel the remote end
of the connection is your provider.

www.stunnel.org

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC