Re: [exim] Making $pipe_addresses a real variable?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Matthew Hodgson
CC: 'Exim-users'
Subject: Re: [exim] Making $pipe_addresses a real variable?
On Fri, 2 Feb 2007, Matthew Hodgson wrote:

> Isn't $recipients already used to describe the recipients on the initial
> submitted envelope, rather than those which finally get passed in a batch
> to a transport?

Yes, but at present it is not defined in a transport. It is only defined
in a system filter and in ACLs. So I thought it kind of made sense to
use the same name in a transport. But for less ambiguity, a new name
could be invented; $transport_recipients, perhaps?

> Are there any technical limitations as to why accessing the addr array of
> address_items as passed to deliver.c:deliver_local() couldn't be accessed
> directly
> as a variable rather than only through the $pipe_addresses magic in
> transport.c:transport_set_up_command()? If not, then I might have a shot
> at writing a patch.

I don't think there's any problem with it. Somehow the list would have
to be made available to the expansion functions.