Re: [exim] Error (-53) : retry time not reached for any host

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: jojodeparis, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Error (-53) : retry time not reached for any host

--On 2 February 2007 11:38:27 +0100 jojodeparis <jojodeparis@???>
wrote:

> hello
> excuse me i don't understand english weel; I write this message in french.

My French is not great. I'll attempt to translate, though.

> Je dispose de deux serveur de mail avec exim : une frontale et l'autre en
> interne.

He has two exim mail servers, one internal, one front-end

> Sur celle qui est en interne j'ai configurer une manual route :

He has this manual router defined on the internal server.

> send_to_smart_host:
> driver = manualroute
> route_list = !+local_domains 192.168.1.254
> transport = remote_smtp

> Tout marchait bien jusqu'a aujourdh'ui. J'arrive plus a envoyer de message
> et j'ai l'erreur: (-53) : retry time not reached for any host

Everything went well until today, when he saw an error on an outbound
message: "retry time not reached for any host"

> Sur le serveur Frontale, je ne vois pas les messages arriver du serveur
> interne. alors que depuis le serveur en interne, je ping correctement le
> serveur frontale et un telnet 192.168.1.254 25 marche coreectement.

On the front-end server, he doesn't see messages arriving from the internal
server. He can ping the front-end server, and "telnet 192.168.1.254 25"
goes well.

> Quelqu'un pourrait m'aider?

En Anglaise, mais pas en Francaise :(

Look in the "mainlog" files of both servers.

What do you see on the internal server mainlog?

Do you see corresponding entries (same date and time) in the front-end
server logs? If so, what do they say?

Can you log in to the internal server, and "telnet 192.168.1.254 25" from
the internal server?

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex