Re: [exim] Persistent storage per-message

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: Matthew Hodgson
CC: 'Exim-users'
Subject: Re: [exim] Persistent storage per-message
Quoting Matthew Hodgson:

> ACL based verification only seems to happen currently when the MTA
> receives a message through SMTP - is there a way to ensure it happens
> during local submission too? I'd obviously need the same behaviour
> regardless of the protocol by which the message arrived.

I guess not, as there's no way to individually reject or defer
recipients with not_smtp.

>>> depend on that flag? I'm trying to get the presence of an alias-resolved
>>> recipient to affect the behaviour of delivery to other recipients of a
>>> message.
>> Example?
> An incoming mail needs to be passed through a transport_filter if it has a
> particular recipient - but that filter needs to be able to know all the
> other alias-resolved recipients for that message (so that if it spawns
> additional mails, it doesn't spam people cc'd or bcc'd on the original).

Sorry, I still don't understand why you need such a flag or what your
transport filter is for. If all it does is adding additional recipients,
you could do that in a redirect router with "data = ${run...}".

If you want to prevent duplicates with an external programm, you have to
check the whole recipient list (which is available in $recipients, but
not generally, so you may have to save it to acl_m_recipients in
acl_(smtp_data|not_smtp), but beware of bcc disclosure).