Re: [exim] TLS errors on SMTP (non-AUTH) connections

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] TLS errors on SMTP (non-AUTH) connections
Vincent Danen wrote:
> * Peter Bowyer <peter@???> [2007-02-01 07:44:31 +0000]:

>>> If the logging is even moderatey verbose, a far-end sender-verification attempt
>>> should show up between your 'Mail From' to them and <whatever is timing out>.
>> Assuming the MAIL FROM in the test delivery is MXd somewhere you can
>> look at logs, indeed.
>
> Ok, so that would just look like a simple connection on my end, right?
> I should be able to see from my logs whether or not they attempted a
> connection?

*snip*

Unless you have 'log_selector = +all' (or similar) you may be missing a *lot* of
what is going on.

If you have not already done so - try that - in the main section of your
configure file, re-HUP, and see if your tests now log what has been a mystery.

If NOT - then you may need to add a logwrite = 'now checking such and such '
and a log_message = <whatever took place>

.. to key acl clauses.

Reverse all that once solved.

HTH,

Bill