Re: [exim] Nhash and Imap

Author: 韓家標 Bill Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Nhash and Imap
Torsten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use nhash to split up the users maildirs into subfolders.
> My problem is, that I haven`t got a clue how the imap daemon deals with the
> new directory structure.
> Can anyone help me out of this?
>

> Many regards
> Torsten

Your IMAP daemon's docs are your starting point.

'basics' - so long as the folders are under the appropriate Maildir for a given
user, with the same perms, AND the MUA is NOT limited to 'show subscribed
folders only' Dovecot, to name one, picks them up.

Courier-IMAP is a little pickier about where they are (under INBOX) and whether
they have a "." prefix.

Bincimap, GW-IMAP, Cyrus, and others I haven't had hands-on for several years.

In all cases, just configure Exim to name and drop with whatever the IMAP daemon
expects.

HTH,

Bill