[exim] Defining "Virtual"

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Defining "Virtual"
Hi,

the inflationary use of the word "virtual" connected with almost
everything has been accompanying this list, exim, the Debian exim
pacakges and all support media. The latest occurence of this is Debian
bug #408467 (http://bugs.debian.org/408467), where I was faced with
insults after denying to install a "virtual" router to the Debian
default configurations.

To make communication about this a little easier, I would like to have
more "formal" definition of a "virtual foo" in exim context. I have
created the Wiki Page "Defining Virtual",
http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/DefiningVirtual, and would like to
solicit your comments and improvements.

I hope that the result of that discussion would be a list of
definition what is exactly meant when somebody talks about a "virtual
foo", which could be more exactly supported by having boilerplate
config snippets.

Thanks for helping!

Greetings
Marc