Re: [exim] +ignore_unknown results in 451 Temporary local pr…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] +ignore_unknown results in 451 Temporary local problem
Dave Lugo wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, W B Hacker wrote:
>> deny
>> hosts = +ignore_unknown : insidersavings.com : *.abo.wanadoo.fr
>>
>> - and see if it makes the expected difference.
>>

> It makes no difference. Whether +ignore_unknown is there, it fails
> with insidersavings.com as part of the hostlist.

JFWIW, I get 'manual' (host -v) failure on *both* 'insidersavings.com' AND
'abo.wanadoo.fr' (haven't tried any further prefixes)

> +ignore_unknown
> doesn't seem to have any effect.

Per above, one may need an entry for each (beware MUA line-wrap):

hosts = +ignore_unknown : insidersavings.com : +ignore_unknown : *.abo.wanadoo.fr

> I'm concerned, as this seems to imply that I can't reliably use
> hostname patterns in reject list, without worrying about some dns
> issue (either accidental or not) with a spammer's domain affecting
> mail that has nothing to do with said spammer.

While further research seems appropriate w/r that feature, I have long used a
different approach entirely [1] so haven't needed it.

> (this is with exim 4.63, by the way. I haven't yet checked newer
> versions. May as well do that.)

Mix of 4.63, 4.65 here. But haven't tried the code in question yet on either.

Bill

[1] We structure block lists to NOT DO DNS or any other off-box callouts, i.e.
we don't use the 'hosts' structure for those at all - just an on-box search of
the most appropriate of Exim's available lookup types.

Why do a callout on 'known bad' entities?