Re: [exim] Exim 2.05 to Exim 4.55

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 2.05 to Exim 4.55
On Thursday 25 January 2007 02:25, Shine, Gary wrote:
> I have a machine on the latest version now and I am adding in the various
> files we use.
>
> I need help if possible.
>
> We have 4 files we use and I would appreciate help integrating them.
>
> Pop3.domains = a simple list (flat text file) of local domains
> i.e
> A.com
> B.com
> C.com
>
> Pop3.aliases = a simple list (flat text file) of e-mails to pop boxes i.e
> name@???:        popbox

> Relay.nets = a simple list (flat text file) of networks allowed to relay
> through the box i.e
> 1.2.3.0/24
> 2.3.4.5/32
>
> Relay.domains
> Domains allowed to relay.
>
> Exim 2.05 config for these files is.
>
> Pop3.aliases
> local_domains = "pop:lsearch;/usr/local/exim/pop3.domains"

Make that

domainlist pop3_domains = /usr/local/exim/pop3.domains
domainlist local_domains = @ : +pop3_domains

But then you have to use those domainlists in the right places. Typically, you
add

domains = !+local_domains

to all the former routers (which handle nonlocal domains)

You can add

domains = +local_domains

to all the former directors just to be sure, or simply a "no_more" to the last
nonlocal router.

Then you need to use local_domains (or pop3_domains) in the RCPT ACL too. Look
at the default configuration file how it can be done. (The thing here is that
when the aliases in pop3.aliases are looked up and translated into pop boxes,
there has to be a domain, which is by default the primary_hostname, unless
there is a qualify_domain and/or qualify_recipient setting involved. You
might not want to accept mail directly to
popbox@???.)

> Relay.nets
> sender_net_accept_relay = /usr/local/exim/relay.nets

hostlist relay_from_hosts = /usr/local/exim/relay.nets

Then use it like in the default config file.

> Relay.domains
> relay_domains = partial-lsearch;/usr/local/exim/relay.domain

I take it these are domains you are relaying *for*? In that case, make that

domainlist relay_to_domains = partial-lsearch;/usr/local/exim/relay.domain

and see the default config file.

> Pop3.domains
> pop3:
> domains = lsearch;/usr/local/exim/pop3.domains,
> driver = smartuser;
> new_address =
> ${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch{/usr/local/exim/pop3.aliases}{$value}f
>a il}

pop3:
domains = +pop3_domains
driver = redirect
data = ${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch{/usr/local/exim/pop3.aliases}}

I don't think you need to force expansion failure; if the address isn't found,
the router declines either way.

> pop3_wildcard:
> domains = lsearch;/usr/local/exim/pop3.domains,
> except_local_parts = "root:postmaster",
> driver = smartuser;
> new_address =
> ${expand:${lookup{*@$domain}lsearch{/usr/local/exim/pop3.aliases}{$value}fa
>i l}}

pop3_wildcard:
domains = +pop3_domains
local_parts = !root : !postmaster
driver = redirect
data = ${expand:${lookup{*@$domain}lsearch{/usr/local/exim/pop3.aliases}}}

What kinds of expandable things do you put there? Are users allowed to put
data there somehow (indirectly, of course)?

> HOW DO THESE TRANSLATE INTO THE LATEST RELEASE

Eeek! *covers ears*

It's late now, so I have probably missed many things.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)