Re: [exim] Safe Hosts per domain

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Safe Hosts per domain
W B Hacker wrote:
> Shine, Gary wrote:
>> Trying to compile latest version and get
> *snip*
>
>> `/export/home/gshine/exim-4.66/build-SunOS5-5.6-sparc'
>
> *snip*
>
> ? Correct me if I am wrong, but does not SunOS5-5.6-sparc date from sometime in
> the mid to late 1990's?
>
> If so, compiler, libs, and lots of other things in the environment may be *way*
> out of date.
>
> Bill Hacker

Responding to my own post - looked it up, found:

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/solaris/versions/

An OS with an August 1997 release date, superseded in October 1998, is bound to
be a bit fragile w/r compilation of new source ten years on.

Likewise, hardware of that era is best employed as a low-reliability high-noise
space heater nowadays, so Exim may not be the only thing you need to consider
upgrading.

HTH,

Bill