Re: [exim] Safe Hosts per domain

Author: Renaud Allard
To: gshine
CC: exim-users
New-Topics: [exim] Exim 2.05 to Exim 4.55
Subject: Re: [exim] Safe Hosts per domain

Shine, Gary wrote:
> I am sure it will not help, but we are using Exim 2.05

Humm, I don't even remember having used exim 2.05. Are you sure it isn't
a typo?

> It works great and I am reluctant to upgrade it as I am not sure it will
> upgrade on this box.

Honestly, if you are still using 2.05, you should really consider
upgrading. And, no, it won't upgrade easily, you will have to rewrite
the config from scratch. But, really, it is worth upgrading.
As far as I can see, version 2.05 has a release date in 1998
(http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-19981005/009411.html),
this probably means your servers have this age and you will see huge
improvements by upgrading on newer hardware and reliability will
probably improve too as your current servers are "very" old.