Re: [exim] Connection Count

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Chris Lightfoot
Para: B. Johannessen
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Connection Count
On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 11:40:16AM +0100, B. Johannessen wrote:
> Philip Hazel wrote:
> > The reason I have always resisted doing this is that the value you will
> > get will be the value that the daemon had when it spun off the process
> > that is accepting the incoming message.
>
> I was looking into creating such a patch myself, and I came to the
> conclusion that to be useful the count would have to be stored in a
> shared-memory segment. I don't know enough about shmem portability
> issues to do this, so I kind of forgot about it...

You could use a temp file which remains open in the child
process -- probably less efficient, but I doubt
significantly, and much easier to implement and more
portable.

--
``Whether intentionally or not, fish control and potato control were billeted
together in St. John's College, Oxford, making this ancient seat of higher