Re: [exim] Singleuser problem

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: John W. Baxter
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Singleuser problem
On 1/9/07 8:49 AM, "Marc Haber" <mh+exim-users@???> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 18:50:43 +0100, Niels Rasmussen <niels@???>
> wrote:
>> The only issue left is if this workaround has any debian or security
>> issues ??
>
> It has security issues. As AUTH_CLIENT_ALLOW_NOTLS_PASSWORDS suggests,
> you are now transmitting your password in the clear. But if your
> smarthost does not allow STARTTLS, you need to authenticate in the
> clear.

Or with SPA or CRAM-MD5 if they offer those--but it seems to me I remember
from earlier that they don't in this case. Indeed:
250-asmtp.mail.dk
250-HELP
250-XREMOTEQUEUE
250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
250-PIPELINING
250-DSN
250-8BITMIME
250 SIZE 10240000

Seems like a foolish setup, but no worse for Niels than for other clients.

(Google results suggest that the server is either a Netscape server or
Post.Office, based on the XREMOTEQUEUE capability.)

--John