Re: [exim] Singleuser problem

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc Haber
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Singleuser problem
On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 18:50:43 +0100, Niels Rasmussen <niels@???>
wrote:
>On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 10:45:55 +0100
>Marc Haber <mh+exim-users@???> wrote:
>
>I've found a very good explanation for configuring exim4 for my use.
>
>After some heavy googling I found this:
>http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-exim4-users/2006-July/000714.html

... which is an application of what is in the documentation. Why, oh
why, do people refuse to read the docs?

I even _QUOTED_ the relvant part of the documentation here and first
thing is the user does is ignore these docs and fire up google. This
is _very_ frustrating.

>When following this recipe (except for #4: here I replaced the * with
>my ISP's smtp-servername)
>
>IT WORKS !!!!!!! :-)
>
>The only issue left is if this workaround has any debian or security
>issues ??

It has security issues. As AUTH_CLIENT_ALLOW_NOTLS_PASSWORDS suggests,
you are now transmitting your password in the clear. But if your
smarthost does not allow STARTTLS, you need to authenticate in the
clear.

Greetings
Marc