Re: [exim] spf/srs solution

Author: Chris Lightfoot
To: Heiko Schlittermann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] spf/srs solution
On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 06:03:10PM +0100, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> The only disadvantage I see is, that the recipient has a harder job
> whitelisting your messages (if the recipient has this intention).

In practice there seem to be quite a few sites / pieces of
software which confuse envelope sender and From:
addresses when (e.g.) replying to messages. SRS is a bit
unhelpful in this case since it means that recipients,
through the fault of such software, may record as the
contact addresses the SRS-rewritten addresses rather than
the proper addresses (especially bad if the SRS addresses
have limited lifetimes or something). Obviously it's sad
that such software exists but it won't go away just
because it's incompatible with sender-rewriting....

--
``Should not the Society of Indexers be known as Indexers, Society of, The?''
(Keith Waterhouse)