Re: [exim] spf/srs solution

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] spf/srs solution
Mike Cardwell <exim-users@???> (Di 09 Jan 2007 17:53:14 CET):
> Hi guys,

> My mail system supports mail forwarding to remote addresses. When
> forwarding mail, the receiving server might incorrectly apply SPF
> filtering on the email and reject it. Discounting the times when I can
> contact the receiving server and get them to fix their config, I decided
> to use SRS. As far as I can see however, there is no point rewriting the
> sender address, if the sender address domain doesn't even have an SPF
> record in the first place.

I think it even helps you if there is no SPF record for the sending
domain. It always helps the sending domains to reject faked bounces
(collateral spam?).

(I'm thinking about SRS without thinking about SPF.)

The only disadvantage I see is, that the recipient has a harder job
whitelisting your messages (if the recipient has this intention).

    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -