Re: [exim] OT(?): SRS vs. SORBS sending mails with '<>' send…

Author: Renaud Allard
To: Craig Whitmore
CC: Andy Smith, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] OT(?): SRS vs. SORBS sending mails with '<>' sender

Craig Whitmore wrote:
> [...]

This is more or less suggested in 4.5.5 of RFC2821

All other types of messages (i.e., any message which is not required
by a standards-track RFC to have a null reverse-path) SHOULD be sent
with with a valid, non-null reverse-path.

And of course, as everybody knows:

   3. SHOULD   This word, or the adjective "RECOMMENDED", mean that
      there may exist valid reasons in particular circumstances to
      ignore a particular item, but the full implications must be
      understood and carefully weighed before choosing a different
      course.

So they don't strictly forbid it but they warn you that you will have
drawbacks. And drawbacks for this nowadays, just means your mail may be
blocked (somewhat forbidden too by RFC2821) or blackholed.