Re: [exim] OT(?): SRS vs. SORBS sending mails with '<>' send…

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] OT(?): SRS vs. SORBS sending mails with '<>' sender
Renaud Allard <renaud@???> (Sa 06 Jan 2007 00:40:50 CET):

> Peter Bowyer wrote:
>
> > You are *listed*. If your listing doesn't meet SORBS' criteria,
> > there's a removal form which doesn't require registration (I just
> > checked). They accept de-listing requests from registered netblock
> > owners or end-users, and process them automatically if the rDNS
> > matches Matt's suggested naming conventions. Sounds like a solid
> > process to me - have you had problems with it?
>
> I had some clients that were awarded static IPs from the most used ISP
> in Belgium, and these IP were just blacklisted by SORBS as DUL. They may
> have been DUL IPs in the past, and I see no reason why they shouldn't.
> The problem is they were still blacklisted on SORBS as DUL in the time

Hm, what I understand is: static IPs are listed if they are designated
to residential users. (?? do I use the right words?) Here in .de you
can get a static IP on your DSL for almost no money. The connected
systems are of about the same "quality" as for dynamic connected DSL.

This way I see some sense in listing theses addresses per default and
ask for a manual delisting procedure.

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -