[exim] OT(?): SRS vs. SORBS sending mails with '<>' sender

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim users
Subject: [exim] OT(?): SRS vs. SORBS sending mails with '<>' sender
Hello *,

what I understand from SRS is:

If I use SRS for outgoing messages, bounces to messages I sent should be
addressed to SRS-"encoded" recipients, not to real real recipients.

Right?

No I registered with SORBS, they asked for my mail address to send
confirmation request. I discovered that this request was sent with
empty sender (thus looking like a bounce). I I'd have SRS in place it
would be a problem, wouldn't it?

Who is wrong here? Should SORBS use valid non-null sender addresses or
should I forget thinking about SRS?

[ In case SORBS is wrong - does anybody here know some folks from SORBS
to ask for a fix? ]

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -