Re: [exim] Am I Hacked?

Author: Rick Lutowski
To: Peter Bowyer
CC: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Am I Hacked?
Peter Bowyer wrote:
> On 04/01/07, Rick Lutowski <rick@???> wrote:
>>The "Blocked for abuse" reason makes me think my system has
>>been blacklisted by mchsi.com.
>

> So was one of mine. Write to rbl@??? and request removal.
> They were unable to tell me why it was listed in the first place, and
> that server's logs showed no previous deliveries to that domain or
> network,

That is probably the answer to my question.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Thanks
for the contact reference.

> To repeat my previous advice, you need to trawl your Exim logs for
> details of any suspicious deliveries, and check your config doesn't
> allow relaying or other abuse.

Most of the deliveries look suspicous to me. I'm
not exim savvy enough to identify a real problem in
the logs from all the spam that is being properly
handled.

Concur with your advice to disable relaying and other
abuse prone features. Will double check.

--
Rick Lutowski, GRI, REALTOR
Greg Doering & Associates