Re: [exim] Am I Hacked?

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Am I Hacked?
On 04/01/07, Rick Lutowski <rick@???> wrote:
> This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).

>   <username>@mchsi.com
>     SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL FROM:<rick@???> SIZE=163488:
>     host gateway.mchsi.com [204.127.203.150]: 550-65.68.229.225 blocked by
> ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=mso,dc=att,dc=net
>     550 Blocked for abuse. Please contact the administrator of your ISP or
> sending mailservice.
> --

> The "Blocked for abuse" reason makes me think my system has
> been blacklisted by mchsi.com.

So was one of mine. Write to rbl@??? and request removal.
They were unable to tell me why it was listed in the first place, and
that server's logs showed no previous deliveries to that domain or
network,

To repeat my previous advice, you need to trawl your Exim logs for
details of any suspicious deliveries, and check your config doesn't
allow relaying or other abuse.

Peter
--
Peter Bowyer