Re: [exim] More integer annoyances in 4.65

Author: Stephen Gran
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] More integer annoyances in 4.65
On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 08:55:25PM +0100, David Saez Padros said:
> Hi !!
>
> > I hate to agree with Perkel, but if we're already doing a conversion
> > from null char pointer to empty char string, it really doesn't seem any
> > different to do the same thing for integer comparison.
>
> but exim does not know anything about null pointers !! so we are not
> doing any conversion from null char pointer to empty char string.

My only point was that exim is, itself, written in C. It already
implicitly casts an uninitialized variable to the emptry string when
evaluated in string context, so it really doesn't seem like much of a
stretch to cast an uninitialized variable to 0 when in integer context.
|  Stephen Gran                  | If you think education is expensive,    |
|  steve@???             | try ignorance.   -- Derek Bok,          |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | president of Harvard                    |