Re: [exim] More integer annoyances in 4.65

Author: B. Johannessen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] More integer annoyances in 4.65
Wakko Warner wrote:
> # perl -e 'print "Its 0\n" if "" == 0'
> Its 0
> Case closed =)

echo 'main(){if(0=="")printf("Its 0\n");}' | gcc -w -x c - && ./a.out

Case re-opened :-)

Seriously though, I think the best solution to this is to bring back the
previous behavior. There are clearly a lot of configurations in the wild
that depends on this (I probably have some myself), and a minor
dot-release is not the right time for such a change. Logging a warning
would probably also be appropriate.

Then at some point in the future (Exim 5?) reintroduce the current
behavior, but make sure it's covered in the release notes. People are a
lot more likely to read release notes and preform testing when upgrading
to a new major-version.

    Bob