Re: [exim] More integer annoyances in 4.65

Author: David Saez Padros
To: David Saez Padros, Marc Perkel, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] More integer annoyances in 4.65
Hi !!

>> why it's natural to think that an empty string equals to zero ? in my
>> point of view an empty or null string is not a number and if somebody
>> wants to compare numbers he should ensure that both thing to compare
>> in a *numeric comparision* are numbers.
>
> # perl -e 'print "Its 0\n" if "" == 0'
> Its 0
> #
>
> Case closed =)

this is also true on PHP (manly due some perl programmer), but not in C,
Visual Basic and others

case reopened =)

--
Best regards ...

I am Homer of Borg. Prepare to be assim... mmmm, donuts.

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53