[exim] Moderation (was Re: Listening interface:port)

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Moderation (was Re: Listening interface:port)
Following some off-list discussion, I'd just like to apologise for
appearing somewhat antagonistic in that last moderator message.

It was unprofessional of me - sending a "cease and desist", then raking
the subject up in the next paragraph...

As an incidental followup, please be advised that the moderating have no
desire to be seen as holding any power on the list; we do however want
the list to be as friendly and polite a place as possible. Given that
several threads degenerated into off-topic discussions last year, it is
likely that we will try as early as possible to post "please stop now"
messages when it happens again. We'd much rather you all self-policed -
if it's off topic, personal, or otherwise unpleasant, please either take
it offlist or don't post it at all.

Many thanks, and apologies once more.

Graeme