Re: [exim] Listening interface:port

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Listening interface:port
Mike Cardwell wrote:

> Erk. I can't believe I missed that local_interfaces option. Thanks for
> pointing it out. I guess the second part of my question regarding
> tls_on_connect_ports isn't possible?

Yes, it is, as documented further on in the same chapter (which is why I
linked the entire chapter, not just a section). tls_on_connect_ports
does not open any ports for listening, it just says that when that port
happens to be opened on a particular interface, it should be used for
tls_on_connect.

The one thing you cannot do without two instances of exim is have the
same port used for tls_on_connect on one IP, and straight SMTP on
another IP. But that would be a terrible thing to do, anyway.

- Marc