Re: [exim] All mail for specific domain to same user

Author: Morten
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] All mail for specific domain to same user
Morten wrote:

> Very nice, thanks. I have a follow-up question. Exim gives "Unrouteable
> address (in reply to RCPT TO command)". So, I've tried
>
>     exim -d -bt foo@???

> And I can see that it finds the mapping in the domain-aliases file just
> fine, but then the routing fails with:
>
>     calling dnslookup router
>     dnslookup router called for tagticks@localdomain
>       domain = localdomain
>     DNS lookup of localdomain (MX) gave HOST_NOT_FOUND
>     returning DNS_NOMATCH

> I have localhost.localdomain in /etc/hosts, is this not sufficient for Exim?

I had to change localdomain to the full hostname in my
domain-aliases.conf and then things worked.

I don't think I'll get around to playing with dnsdomainname, but it
should be possible to have the resolver work with localdomain (man
dnsdomainname).

Thanks again for the help, it works great :-)

Morten