Re: [exim] How about an ACL before connecting?

Author: Renaud Allard
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How about an ACL before connecting?

Marc Perkel wrote:
> This would be a great feature unless it's already in there and I missed it.
>
> I'd like an ACL that ran when a host attempts to connect but Exim hasn't
> yet established a connection so I can test the IP address against a
> black list or rDNS and decide not to connect at all instead od
> connecting and returning a code at all.

AFAIK, this has to be done at OS level, not by exim. If you use any of
the BSD, pf can help you redirect a connection to a non listening port
based on the presence of the caller IP on a blacklist.
you may have a look here:
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=spamd&sektion=8 in
"redirecting SMTP"