Re: [exim] stupid ACL named list question using match

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Chad Leigh
CC: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] stupid ACL named list question using match
On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> check_helo:
>    accept hosts = 166.70.252.0/24 : webmail.shire.net : lists.shire.net
>    deny message  = Go away, impostor!
>          condition = ${if match{${lc:$sender_helo_name}}{shire.net}
> {true}{false}}
>    accept hosts = *

> I got this from some samples that I munged together.

You have overlooked the fact that that will also match shirelnet,
shireOnet, etc., and also not necessarily at the start or end of the
name. So something like wiltshiresnet.com would match.

> If I do
>
>    domainlist    local domains = shire.net : objectwerks.com

> for example
> and do
>
>    deny message  = Go away, impostor!
>          condition = ${if match{${lc:$sender_helo_name}}
> {+local_domains}{true}{false}}

> I get an error

Well yes, because +local_domains is not a valid regular expression.
You need match_domain, not match, to match a list of domains. There's an
example in the manual.