Re: [exim] Outlook / client problem or misconfiguration? - f…

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: Sebastian Berm
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Outlook / client problem or misconfiguration? - from header is changed
On 19/12/2006 11:08, Sebastian Berm wrote:
> I'm using the somewhat older mbox format (the old default for these
> servers).
> The transport for this is:
> virtual_localdelivery:
> driver = appendfile
> create_directory
> delivery_date_add
> directory_mode = 700
> envelope_to_add
> file = /var/spool/virtual/${domain}/${local_part}
> group = mail
> mode = 660
> return_path_add
> user = "${lookup{$domain}lsearch*{/etc/virtual/domainowners}{$value}}"
> quota = ${if
> exists{/etc/virtual/${domain}/quota}{${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*{/etc/virtual/${domain}/quota}{$value}{0}}}{0}}

Which all looks entirely plausible and correct, so...

> So personally I don't think this exact issue is the problem, however it
> could be related somehow.

Going back to your first message, you stated that it might be due to the
user's AV software. If they're using one of the Norton-alikes (I think
it's those) which act as a POP3 proxy - you connect your MUA to
localhost:110, and the proxy process makes the actual call to the remote
POP server - then you could well be right. Getting them to turn it off
and use Outlook directly to the POP server sounds liek a good plan.

Doesn't look like an Exim-ism to me, I must admit.

Graeme