Re: [exim] Return-path rewriting or removal at transport lev…

Author: David Woodhouse
To: stefano.sabatini-lala
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Return-path rewriting or removal at transport level
On Sat, 2006-12-16 at 19:43 +0100, stefano.sabatini-lala wrote:
> I'm trying to remove the Return-path from all the *outgoing*
> mails. The following snippet configures my smarthost transport:

The Return-path: header is added only by the MTA which finally delivers
the mail into a user's mailbox -- and the value it contains is the SMTP
reverse-path; the address used in the 'MAIL FROM:<...>' command.

It's not surprising that some recipients are rejecting your mail, if
you're sending it with bogus return addresses. Investigate
qualify_domain and rewrite rules and make sure your reverse-paths are
correct.

--
dwmw2