Re: [exim] DomainKeys still experimental?

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] DomainKeys still experimental?
On 12/12/06, Tom Kistner <tom@???> wrote:
> Bill Moseley wrote:
> > What I'm looking for is a way to see if a connecting machine is
> > allowed to send mail from Yahoo Groups (as I need to white list them).
>
> DK does not authenticate machines :) Check if Yahoo Groups signs list
> mail using a DK signature header using a Yahoo domain. If they do, you
> can implement a scheme that does what you want.

I got into DK for exactly the same reason. Unfortunately I'm finding
that a good proportion of Yahoo Groups mail comes with a bad DK
signature, as reported by the experimental support in Exim. Could be a
bug at Yahoo, or in the DK libraries of course.

I'd be very interested in comparing notes here - last time I posted
about this I got a lecture about how MLMs disrupt DK - which, while
true, is irrelevant to my problem as Yahoo is the signer of the mail
in this case.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer