Re: [exim] why multiple recipients in Envelope-To header?

Author: John Robinson
To: Marten Lehmann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] why multiple recipients in Envelope-To header?
On 07/12/2006 22:59, Marten Lehmann wrote:
> [...] My transport doesn't handle several addresses at once. The
> routers route them to the correct transport and a
> maildir/appendfile-transport handles message deliveries for only one
> single address.

If a message is arriving in multiple mailboxes at your site, all using
the appendfile transport, why wouldn't it handle several at once?

[...]
> I just checked it again. exim really adds _all_ addresses, even if the
> delivery is done to different mailboxes and different domains.

No, it doesn't; if I email you@??? handled at your site,
and someone@??? handled at another site, you will
only get the address which came to your site.

Cheers,

John.

PS. By "site" I probably mean "exim server".